If you can read in Russian you can download a free
e- book "Antennas for Radio Amateurs" by Igor Grigorov,
RK3ZK. The book is e- variant of a paper book with the same title.
Paper book contains 256 pages and was issued in 1998 in Russia.
One fragment of the book was translated in the English and was
published at ANTENTOP- 1, 2003. Other fragments of the book also
going to translated in the English. Below you can see the Contents
of the book and path to load the Russian variant.
Antennas for Radio Amateurs
By Igor Grigorov, RK3ZK.
Free e- book!
Chapter- 1: Vertical Antennas
1. Definitions and concepts.
2. Ground of a vertical antenna
3. Protection of the vertical antenna against atmospheric influences
4. Length of the vertical antenna.
5. Direction diagrams of vertical antennas installed above the ground
6. Matching of the vertical antenna
7. Kinds of vertical antennas
8. Vertical antennas placed to a corner to the ground
9. Influence of neighbouring subjects to a work of the vertical antenna
10. Influence of atmospheric electricity to the vertical antenna
11. Matching of vertical antennas of VHF mobile stations
12. Ground of the short vertical antennas
13. Whether is it necessary to dig counterpoises
14. Base of design of the multielement directed verticals
15. Base of design of the multielement directed verticals with passive
16. Phased vertical antenna systems
17. Asymmetrical verticals for the 160-meter range.
18. A broadband phased vertical antenna system with the adjustable directional
2: The Magnetic Loop Antenna
1. Using of magnetic loop antennas
2. Directional diagram of magnetic loop antennas
3. Ferrite antennas
4. Low- noise antennas 3. Ferrite antennas
4. Low- noise antennas
5. Effective height of the loop antenna.
6. Input resistance of the loop antenna
7. Ground for loop antennas
8. Matching a coaxial cable with transmitting magnetic loop antennas
9. Dimensions and design of magnetic loop antennas
12. Influence of atmospheric electricity and rain to the magnetic loop
13. Magnetic loop antennas with aerials with cardioid pattern
14. Once more about about magnetic loop antennas
2 Loop Antennas
1. What is a loop antenna.
2. Input resistance, efficiency, gain and
pattern of the classical loop antenna
3. Dimensions of the classical loop antenna
4. Loop with perimeter more than one wavelength
5. Feeding of the loop antenna
6. Horizontal loop antenna
7. Vertical loop antenna
8. Loop placed to a corner to the ground
9. Folded loop antennas
10. Short stub loop
11. Three-band loop antenna
12. Loop antenna shortening by a capacitor
13. Shunt loop antenna.
14. Helix loop antenna
15. Multiturn loop antennas
16. Broadband loaded loop antennas
17. Doubled loop antenna
18. Broadband and short zigzag loop antennas
19. Opened loop antennas
20. Multielement loop antennas with active
21. Multielement loop antennas with passive
22. Dimensions and design of multielement
23. Multielement loop antennas with opened
24. Two-element antenna G4ZU
25. Placement of loop antenna near other
26. Influence of atmospheric to the loop
4 Rhombic Antenna
From antenna Beverage to rhombic antenna
2. Not optimal rhombic antenna
3.Optimal rhombic antenna
4. Efficiency and power
5. Pattern of the rhombic antenna