All antennas, shown at Figure 1- Figure 6 may work with ATU MFJ-
902 at 7- 28- MHz.
conclusion there are below some practical advices.
1. If you will use transceiver in known for you place
where you can find natural support you may leave antenna mast
(fishing pole) at home.
2. At emergency situation try wire 10 or 20 meters
length at height 2- 3 meters above the ground.
3. Avoid place antenna end near tree or bushes, use
plastic rope for distance between antenna and the subjects.
4. Very often grounding of the case of the ATU MFJ-902
may increase antenna efficiency. For grounding use a counterpoise
in length 5- 20 meter. Sometimes several metal sticks inserted
to the earth and connected (by wire any length) with the case
of the MFJ-902 may provide good grounding.
5. In the forest use antenna shown in the Figure 5.
6. Protect antenna tuner (MFJ-902) from rain and snow.
You may just install the tuner inside a tent.
7. Connect Transceiver and ATU by 50-Ohm coaxial cable
of any length.