Historical notes about
development of tubes from early years to our days in the World
and in Russia
Vitaly Brousnikin, email@example.com
For a time receiving and amplifying
valves were named in this country "cathode" or "vacuum
relay". The first Russian mass valve designed in 1918 at
the Radio Laboratory of the town of Nizhny Novgorod under supervision
of M.A.Bonch-Brouyevich (on the basis of the first model - "Babushka"
tube) was named PR-1 ("vacuum
relay, model no.1"). The name of the R-5
valve produced in 1922 by the Petrograd Electro-Vacuum Works meant:
"relay, model no.5. A new valve with thoriated cathode produced
in 1923 consuming a ten times less
denominated K2-T ("rectifier with two anodes and thoriated
1929 the number of models of radio valves increased very much,
which caused the necessity of the introduction of a new integral
system of their
current than the "R-5",
was named the "Micro".
Equally economical of heating
a two-grid valve with "cathode grid" was named "MDS" ("micro, two-grid").The
first low-powered vacuum rectifier was
category: "P" - receiving, "U" - amplifying,
"S" - special, "V" - rectifying, "T"
- broadcasting, "N" - low-frequency. The second letter
described the cathode - "T" - thoriated, "K"
- carbonized, "B" - bariated, "O" - oxide.
The figure included